Running Aches and Pains
June 22nd, 2009 |
If you get side stitches, it’s usually caused by a cramp in your diaphragm, gas in the intestines, or food in the stomach. Try these following steps to get rid of them.
- Eat at least 30 minutes before your run.
- Do a 5 minute stretch before you run.
- Run slower. Take deep breaths through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Do this a couple times until your cramp is gone.
- Drink more water throughout your run. Do not take huge gulps, little sips are fine.
- Slow down and gently massage the area where it’s hurting.
Related Running Tips:
- Headaches after running
- Completed First Triathlon of the Year – Swim Review
- Which sunglasses I recommend for Running or Cycling
- Treat and Prevent shin splints
- What to eat during a race
- Keep Hydrated During Races
- How to run a perfect race
Leave a Reply